UDLA reserves its right to evaluate students with a different instrument if academic dishonesty is suspected.
Plagiarism on any assignment or quiz will receive “1.1”. If a student copies or cheats on an exam, the grade will be “1.1”.
If a student does not present homework or does not do an activity, his/her grade will be “1”.
Attendance is the only grade that could be either 0 or 10. There are no more options in between. Attendance applies to Zoom synchronous sessions.
- Start with clear objectives.
- Provide students with accurate instructions for activities.
- Require only English for interactions in Instructor-Student exchange, Student-Instructor exchange, and Student-Student exchange.
- Include rubrics for evaluation.
The instructor will:
- Assign relevant homework which will be corrected thoroughly.
- Monitor achievement periodically (after every unit).
- Help students to enrich basic skills integration (listening, speaking, reading, use of English, and writing in most activities); according to the objective of each lesson.
- Register attendance in every Zoom session.
- Communicate relevant information to students (assignments, tests, etc.) via e-mail.
The student will:
- Be ready for each class. This means every assignment or activity required by the instructor must be completed before class.
- Be an active member participating in the activities proposed by the instructor.
- Behave as a proactive adult ready to undertake learning as a personal responsibility within the class, as well as outside the classroom.
Make-up Exam (Examen de Recuperación)
At the end of each semester, there will be a Make-up Exam for students who have attended a minimum of 80% of synchronous sessions and have and they have not been sanctioned for academic dishonesty. This exam is intended to improve or replace the grade of a previous Progreso exam (this is the only grade that could be replaced). The Make-up Exam will include and integrate all the contents, skills and knowledge that should be acquired during the entire academic period. This requires a rigorous preparation and it replaces the previous grade.